Senator Jack Scott
Sacramento, CA 94248-0001
Dear Senator Scott -
Like you, I’m a parent and a taxpayer in California, and I believe that all California couples deserve the freedom to be married.
The Senate is shortly going to consider AB 43, the Religious Freedom and Civil Marriage Protection Act. I know that you support this bill, but I’m writing to you as your constituent to thank you for your support and ask you to get your colleagues to support it as well.
The Governor has said that he will veto this bill. Because this issue is so important to me and my family, I have been writing a letter to him every day since July 12 to ask him to sign it instead.
I have enclosed a couple of my favorite letters, but they are all posted on my Web site, http://signab43.blogspot.com. Could you please talk to your colleagues about this and ask them to read some of my letters?
Freedom is an issue that spans party lines, and this bill will not only provide our same-sex couples the freedom to marry, it will also let the Churches that support them to perform the ceremony. The California Legislature and Jerry Brown changed the law to exclude lesbian and gay families in 1977; the legislature and Arnold Schwarzenegger can reverse it in 2007.
If you can think of anything I can do to help you advance this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Senator Jack Scott
- Today's letter - we need it either way
- Today's letter - Consider your counsel before you ...
- Today's letter - freedom to marry is the Christian...
- Today's letter - The Party of Lincoln should suppo...
- Letter to Senator Jack Scott - thank you and pleas...
- Letter to First Lady Maria Shriver - help us get t...
- Today's letter - teasing my kids
- Today's letter - Thank you for being a friend
- Today's letter - Eight Domestic Partnership Laws o...
- Today's letter - Congratulations on the Budget
- Today's letter - First comes Love
- Today's letter - gays can't marry but straights ca...
- Today's letter - back from recess
- Today's letter - LA is losing your mail
- Today's letter - Let them wed
- Letter to John Kanaley - Truth in Advertising and ...
- Evolving Talking Points
- More Canada Quotes
- Today's letter - Lessons from Spain
- Today's letter - Jersey Polls and the California P...
- Today's letter - Lessons from Canada
- Today's letter - Going to Disneyland
- Today's letter - States' Rights
- Today's letter - Religious Freedom
- Today's letter - Stop Democrats from Bloating Gove...
- Today's letter - Undefining Marriage
- Today's letter - Equality of Opportunity
- Today's letter - First state to eliminate racial r...
- Today's letter - Dianne Feinstein
- Letter to Dianne Feinstein - Leslie Southwick
- Today's letter - Act on your beliefs
- Today's letter - Proposition 22
- Today's letter - the people HAVE decided
- Today's letter - no problem finding a priest
- ▼ August (34)