When you try to justify
your veto in the people's eye
you will certainly try to say
the people wanted it this way.
That was seven years ago,
when the people didn't even know
the law protecting their state's rights
would be twisted to block Freedom's flight.
Twisted to prevent families
like "those" from having rights like "these"
by the opponents of equality
for their political opportunity.
The legislature has finally asked
you to join them in getting passed
a bill to bring the same equality
to families like yours and families like mees.
Your argument perhaps may pass
to the unsuspecting mass
but you know what must be done
to bring freedom to everyone.
If you veto 43,
you'll be costing you and me
sixteen billion it would appear
plus twenty-four million every year.
Professionals have unified to say
Marriage is the best and only way,
and all around the world they see
that full marriage is how freedom should be.
But most of all it means that my
partner and I won't have to try
to access marriage in some other way,
we can get married and have it stay!
You say that Proposition twenty-two
defending marriage from God knows who
shows that the people want to say
"same-sex couples go away."
But I believe the people know
it's hatred that has to go
so please sign the bill you soon will see
and bring full freedom to you and me.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
When you try to justify
- Today's letter - 254 signatures and 10 vetos
- Today's letter - Nature or Nurture, it's Love
- Today's letter - Hate is shrinking your base
- Today's letter - Domestic Partnerships are bad for...
- Today's letter - Once again, Domestic Partnership ...
- Today's letter - The People cannot "vote to discri...
- Today's letter - You are doing neither
- Today's letter - I'm writing because California ne...
- Today's letter - You can spin it however you like
- Today's letter - inspiring leadership
- Today's letter - Everybody says you'll veto, but t...
- Today's letter - Big Brother or March for Freedom
- Letter to Attorney General "Jerry" Brown - tell th...
- Today's letter - Not every Church hates the gays
- Today's letter - reasons to hope
- Today's letter - what will happen if you sign it?
- Today's letter - where we want to be
- Today's letter - Extraordinary behavior in the Peo...
- Today's letter - We must all unite to defend freed...
- Today's letter - The rebirth of the GOP begins wit...
- Today's letter - an ode to the freedom to marry
- Letter to The Los Angeles Times - California needs...
- Update: the State Senate passed AB 43
- Today's letter - Whose side are you on?
- Today's letter - tell the truth about Proposition ...
- Today's letter - back to basics
- Today's letter - Since 2005, a lot has changed
- Today's letter - Fair work and fair pay for a labo...
- Today's letter - whatever it takes
- ▼ September (29)